The Council will make recommendations to the Premier to:
- identify additional immediate short term actions as well as, the medium and longer term issues to be addressed by government, the community and the private sector to facilitate sustainable economic growth and mitigate the social impacts of COVID19
- target sectors in which Tasmania has or can develop a competitive and brand advantage
- capture opportunities for, or identify impediments to employment growth
- support and enable Tasmanians to take advantage of a different way of life and work and business, or to reinvent themselves in new and emerging industries
- identify opportunities to address the impacts of COVID-19 on the community through sustainable social initiatives.
PESRAC will need to take account of any recommendations of Public Health Tasmania, the National Cabinet and work undertaken by the National COVID-19 Coordination Committee, including national economic and financial settings.